Sunny & artsy apartment in El Barrio, with roof access and jacuzzi bathtub - a block away from #6 subway line.
Stay on the Upper East Side/East Harlem in this sunny and artsy studio apartment. It's a 3rd floor walk-up with marble stairs on a cool block. Artwork on the walls (photographs by local & renown artists), roof access, Jacuzzi bathtub, and a block from the subway make this a gem of a place. Ideally situated for a real NYC experience, and about 15-20 minutes to downtown (depending on time of day).
This amazingly sunny, large studio apartment is conveniently located on 3rd Ave on the upper east side/East Harlem. While not a “one-bedroom,” each living area is distinctly separate from another as you'll see in the photos: the living room is separated from bedroom by large bookcase; the kitchen is separated by the back wall of the bedroom closet. The marble bathroom has a Jacuzzi bathtub with a spa shelf & bath salts for relaxation; and the shared roof deck is a haven after a long day, ideal for a peaceful dinner on a nice night (chairs & tables are up there).
The apartment has a queen size bed with a super comfy mattress, full sized couch (comfy to sleep on too), twin-size air mattress, full kitchen, marble tiled bathroom, internet access via wifi, large flat screen tv (no cable, but access to Netflix & Hulu via the Wii), air conditioning, heat, washer & dryer in basement.
This is a NON-smoking apartment, NO exceptions.
Perfect for a couple; no more than 3 guests at a time. You will have the apartment all to yourself. Note that open windows will mean more noise and dust! Third avenue is a busy place.
Save us both the time & have a thorough profile posted on Airbnb BEFORE you message me. This will greatly increase the chances of me taking your inquiry seriously (I am protective of my home).
Do NOT send me a website address, phone or email, as Airbnb will block it. Read through the description thoroughly before you ask the questions that are already answered on here. This will help show me you are truly interested in staying here.
I make a point to personally meet guests at the apartment when they arrive. However, sometimes my work and travel get in the way so I might arrange for my sister Danielle (Dani) or my mom can meet you to hand over keys. Check in is at or after 3pm, but if that doesn't fit with your flight arrangements we can discuss during your booking process.
** High speed wireless Internet
** Desk, laptop stand, wireless Apple keyboard & mouse, chair for those here on business; also laptop cushion if you prefer to work from the couch or hammock.
** Flat screen TV w/ Mini Display Port adaptor for HDMI cable, for use with your own laptop (there is no Cable TV).
** Hardwood floors
** Sofa & hammock in living area
** Air mattress (twin sized)
** Standard kitchen appliances and cookware
** Coffee, french press & Keurig
** Heated and air conditioned
** Linens & towels provided, as is shampoo, hair drier, iron and shower gel
** Washer & Dryer in basement (you will need your own quarters); or laundromat around the corner
** Picnic tarp & big yellow beach towel in pantry closet (10 minute walk to Central Park after all!)
Общение с гостями
While you are here the place is all yours, and I expect you'll treat it as such (or better!).
Interaction is only upon request/airbnb messaging, but I might send a message out of courtesy to see how much fun you're having or if your have any questions. But pretty much, this is YOUR time to enjoy NYC and my apartment!
Другие важные подробности
As previously mentioned, this is a NON SMOKING home. Any lapse in this cardinal rule will result in the use of your security deposit to hire a service to clean and remove the smoke smell from the apartment. So don't do it!
Re-read the details of the listing before you hop on the plane. You'd be surprised at how many of your questions I've already answered on here!
- Inquiring guests should have a descriptive and relevant profile and validated phone number on airbnb.com (your "About" section), and be able to provide a trip description with some information about yourself (where you're from, what you do, hobbies). I am entrusting you with my home after all!
To ensure that your stay is as pleasant as possible, please follow these House Rules:
- I will provide ONE set of keys. Upon departure, these keys must be returned in a pre-agreed upon manner. If they are not being returned in person, please leave them on the table or kitchen counter.
- Do not open the door for ANYONE (no matter what they might say), or let strangers into the building. Better yet, pretend you are not home - I would actually prefer that. While the building is extremely safe, we sometimes get vendors knocking on the doors. If I ever need to reach you, it will be via airbnb message, NOT by just showing up.
- Please clean up after yourself, especially food or crumbs - while my apartment is VERY clean, it is a NYC apartment after all. Exterminator fees would come out of your security deposit - so please help me keep it free of 'food'. THIS IS NOT NEGOTIABLE, especially if you would like to receive a good review.
- I assume no liability for the guest's lost or damaged properties. If I find something you've left behind, I will certainly let you know!
- Fresh towels and linens (on the bed) will always be provided.
- Windows may be opened solely for the purpose of ventilating rooms. For safety reasons, it is not permitted to lean out of windows, to throw anything from them or sit on the sills. It is also not allowed to shout anything out of the windows. Please be sure to close the windows if it's going to rain, or before you depart.
- It is not permitted to smoke inside the apartment or in the hallways. Smoking is only permitted outside the building, or on the roof deck.
- No pets allowed, sorry! (it's a building rule, not mine)
- Respect my neighbors: no excessive noise after 9:30pm (music, tv, parties).
Thank you very much for your attention and your consideration of these rules. Have a pleasant stay!
Native New Yorker (via Brazil), photographer, arts administrator and MBA candidate.
I love adventure (scuba diving, motorcycling, sailing...), and am a black belt in Tae Kwon Do.
I LOVE to travel, and understand what it's like to want a safe, clean, smoke-free and fun place to stay while on the road.