Superb location in Germantown, near downtown, the Highlands, and just two miles from Churchill Downs. 1,200 sq. ft. with 2 stories and 2 bedrooms. Can sleep 6 with current accommodations, but could comfortably fit 8-9 with air mattresses.
Don't spend hours in traffic and on the interstate going to and from the track or other destinations. These are all travel times that AVOID THE HIGHWAY:
• Minutes from Churchill Downs
• 2 blocks from several coffee shops, bars and restaurants
• 5-10 minute drive to anywhere in the Highlands (home to many bars, restaurants, parks, boutiques and other hot spots)
• 10 minute drive to NuLu (fine dining establishments, upscale bars and art galleries)
• 10 minute drive to the heart of downtown (entertainment district, museums, bars and restaurants)
The house itself is modern but inviting, with all of the following amenities:
• Fully stocked kitchen
• A bottle of Kentucky bourbon waiting for you
• Secure wi-fi access
• Central air
• Two large screen HDTVs
• Two PS3s with Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go
• Extensive vinyl collection
• King size bed in master bedroom
• Washer and dryer
• Patio with fire pit and grill, surrounded by a privacy fence
• Plenty of on-street parking along lightly-trafficked street
We love Louisville, so we want to make sure you have the best time possible during your trip. We'll be staying off the premises, but we can stop by each day to make sure everything is good and you're all taken care of if you'd like. We'll offer recommendations on where to eat, drink, visit and shop. With extra arrangement, we can provide some transportation during your stay. Heck, we love the city so much that we'll even take you on a tour if it tickles your fancy!
No smoking indoors. Flexible check-in and check-out times. There is a minimum three night stay. The house is marked available during Derby weekend (Thursday-Sunday), but days before/after that span can be negotiated.
I'm Sean, and my wife is Brittanie. We love Louisville, and we love our house. Hopefully you will love both as much as we do during your stay. I'm a music nerd who works at a local radio station, and Brittanie teaches first grade when she isn't busy crocheting.