PRIVATE LOFT, if you just want a decent place to crash:
- 6-foot office cubicle wall paneling and privacy curtain for a door; potential for common household noise
- (bed #1) a dbl-sized floor air mattress
- (bed #2) a roll away floor mattress, for 2nd/3rd person
FYI: $5 transport fee for pick up or drop off to or from the airport, bus, or train station. Seats may be limited. See "Other Things to Note"
*Please send me a note about the purpose of your impending trip to further assist you.
This listing is a PRIVATE LOFT on the 2nd floor, hence, no actual door. It has 3 standard house walls, with an approximately 5-foot-9-inch high sturdy office cubicle panel as the fourth wall, and curtains as added privacy (please see photos).
The bedroom is in a house located on a cul-de-sac in a residential neighborhood and is quite serene. It is perfect as a jump-off spot to Yosemite and Sequoia National Parks (~ 1.5 to 2 hours away) or as a safe place to stay when visiting friends or family at the UC Merced/Merced College. It is about three miles northwest from the town center and is also approximately two hours away from San Francisco, Sacramento, Carmel, and Monterey.
Bed #1 is a double-sized air mattress bed
– can accommodate two persons comfortably
Bed #2 is a roll-away floor mattress, for the 2nd or 3rd person in the group, is made of a good quality memory foam.
– It is a twin-sized mattress, with a dimension of 39" x 75" x 2", and
– can accommodate tall people of up to 6'3".
*Couples or 2-people party with a child have requested to share one single-sized bed but it's subject for approval as it will be tight.
*If you have more than two people in your party, a second and/or third bedroom listing may be available. Same booking and check in and check out rules apply.
1. Before booking, please read terms "Booking Requirements and Conditions." (House Rules, Part 1) It is important to me that you not only are comfortable with the price but are also comfortable with my policies (House Rules Part 2) before you confirm your booking so you may have an excellent trip/vacation.
2. In regard to booking:
- please reply to PRE-BOOKING MESSAGE (instant booking, esp.)
- It's important that you read your itinerary to familiarize yourself with the three phases of your stay: check in, accommodation (during your stay), and check out.
3. In regard to amenities:
- breakfast items, bathroom products, and towels must only be enjoyed and/or used during your stay at my house;
- bathroom amenities are shared with other guests and household, so please don't move them out of the bathroom;
- hair dryer, iron, and ironing board may be requested at booking, when available
4. Security cameras are installed in the common rooms and are pointed at all entry/exit ways and hallways.
1. your bedroom only (this listing). Please don't enter any other rooms.
2. bathroom 2.5
- bathroom 2 ("Dragon's Bay")
- pls use the right side of vanity in bathroom 2, with your room label
3. ESSOS living room (w/ black recliner couch and a 39-inch TV)
4. Red Keep Suite II dining room
5. kitchen (for light cooking only; food consumable during your stay)
6. breakfast bar (seats 4)
7. kitchen spaces, kitchen cabinets and drawers, and fridge spaces labeled ONLY with:
- [a] your room name (this listing), and
- [b] "GUESTS" or "KING'S LANDING AND GUESTS"
8. small kitchen appliances on the kitchen counter
- [right side of the stove] everything; and
- [left side of the stove] microwave and electric hot water kettle
9. large backyard and street parking
Общение с гостями
I try to ensure to receive guests personally. *House Rules and *House Manual are set and provided for your reference so you may find your way in and around the house when I am not able to receive you when you arrive or for when I am not around for the duration of your stay (partial or whole). However, I am always available via text or e-mail message for help with anything regarding your accommodation.
I enjoy getting to know my guests--to find what we have in common or exchange good stories. On the other hand, I also respect guests who prefer a more quiet, private stay. Other than your contact with me, I will safely assume you want to enjoy your privacy.
* Please refer to "House Rules" for important instructions and adherence to avoid miscommunication and cancellation.
Другие важные подробности
This section talks about:
i. Occupancy Tax
ii. Cleaning Fees
iii. Other Services, Incidentals, Fees, and Damages
i. OCCUPANCY TAX
Merced County requires that Local Occupancy Tax of 10% be collected and it will be due and payable upon booking or at check in (in one of the three ways Airbnb had enumerated in its link):
a. Airbnb Resolution Center
b. Airbnb Alteration Request
c. Airbnb Special Offer
d. Upon Check In (Cash only; exact amount preferred)
Please see Airbnb link below for more information on Occupancy/Local Tax.
ii. CLEANING FEES****
- $10 for a 2-week stay
- $15 for a 3-week stay
- $20 for a monthly stay
****One complimentary change of sheets/towels for a minimum of two weeks stay; otherwise, it's $5.00 per request.
iii. OTHER SERVICES, INCIDENTALS, FEES, AND DAMAGES
Reimbursement for costs incurred, usage, property damage or theft, including but not limited to the following:
1. Entertainment – You will reimburse me for all non-free movies and/or tv shows you order(ed) under my account. Please notify me as it occurs.
2. Other amenities not provided – $5.00 Minimum charge for additional items not *provided, such as toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, floss, razor, etc.
*Standard Provision = soap, shampoo and conditioner; bath and hand towel (wash cloth optional)
3. Transportation – $5.00 Minimum transportation charge for ride to or from bus/train stations (less than 3 miles).
a. $5.00, for requests made 12 hours ahead of intended pick-up/drop off time; $10.00, for request made less than 12 hours of intended pick-up/drop off time
b. Waiting Fees: free for the first 10 minutes, $1 every 5-minute increments
c. Mileage cost – $0.75 cents per mile after the first 3 miles
4. Luggage storage fee - may be assessed (please ask host)
a. minimum charge of $6;
b. safety cameras available;
c. host not responsible for missing items or damages to luggage
5. DAMAGES (or theft) on my inventory (towels, dinnerware, glassware, et al) will be charged to you per cost to replace, repair, or clean such item(s).
a. Stains on Linens items – $10.00 each for bath towels, bed sheets, and comforter; $8.00 hand towels; $6.00 wash cloths
b. Lost keys, $80; rekey $invoice value
c. NSF, late fees, or non-payment - $35
d. Other Items – cost of replacement or repair (see 3 above)
Face-to-face CHECK IN on Mondays, Fridays, and some Sundays during designated check in schedule (or until 11:00 pm) may not be available. Please contact host to make arrangements for a remote check in (see BRC-1 below). Sorry for the inconvenience this may pose.
Check out is by 10:00 AM
(!) PRIOR TO (INSTANT) BOOKING -- PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE RULES AND LISTING DESCRIPTION (!)
== HOUSE RULES INDEX ==
I. BOOKING REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS (BRC)
II. GENERAL RULES
III. GENERAL RULES EXPANDED
I. BOOKING REQUIREMENTS AND CONDITIONS (BRC)
- GUEST means YOU, YOUR PARTY (people travelling with you who are registered guests), or YOUR VISITORS (unregistered guests).
- By booking your stay at my home, you agree to have signed a contract and to the following:
BRC-1. PROFILE, PRE-BOOKING INFO, and CHECK IN
a. Required upon booking: a profile picture showing your face without any obstructions, a profile description, 3 verification, and an offline I.D.
b. Required upon check in: valid government-issued photo ID of all occupants (e-mailed, for remote check in).
c. All pre-booking information need to be received no later than 9:00 am on the day of check in--NO EXCEPTIONS. For same-day booking, approval is needed.
a. Accommodation is for registered guests only.
b. Accurate number of guests required.
c. A child, regardless of age, counts as a guest.
d. Person booking must be person staying.
e. All full names and photos of persons in your party must be submitted upon confirmation of reservation (for every residents' information and safety).
f. Requesting to book or using Instant Book constitutes confirmation that you have read, understood, and agree to follow all rules listed.
a. Accidents may occur but they are not part of the listing rate, price, or any booking charges.
b. Please report any damages (however small or otherwise) so the cost may be determined and deducted from your security deposit.
c. You agree to all chargeable items on "Other Things to Note" section.
d. Any cost in excess of your security deposit will be chargeable and payable by you.
BRC-4. INDEMNIFICATION, BEHAVIOR, SAFETY
a. There are other guests and residents in our home who are not part of my household and they don't have obligations towards you (Airbnb guests), and are not required to cater to your needs.
b. The person signing the contract is responsible for the appropriate and decent behavior of everyone in your party. If you or anyone in your party behave inappropriately or irresponsibly during your stay, or have endangered the safety of my residents, my household, or my neighbors, we're duly authorized to demand the immediate departure of your entire party. Your remaining prepaid rent and your security deposit will not be returned.
c. Travelling with Children - You are solely responsible for the care and safety of your child(ren) while in my home. Child(ren) should not be left unattended at all times.
d. You will not hold me and all residents, (sub)landlords, (sub)tenants responsible for any harm or negligence.
e. Be respectful of:
- rules, quiet hours, neighbors, and other residents in the house
- cleanliness* and usage** of the space, facilities, furniture, and amenities.
a. If Occupant(s) remain(s) in possession of the Premises (place being rented) for any period after the agreed booking period without the Owner's consent, Occupant(s) will pay 200% of the Occupancy Fee required for the rental per night.
II. GENERAL RULES (GR)
a. NO PARTYING. NO SMOKING. NO PETS. NO DRUGS (MJ included) and ALCOHOL. NO GUNS.
b. NO PARKING ON DRIVEWAY.
c. NO SHOES/OUTSIDE FOOTWEAR in the house. Always wear your outside footwear when stepping out of the house.
d. NO FOOD/EATING/DRINKING in the bedroom. NO FOOD TRASH in the bedroom.
e. No laundry allowed.
f. No flushing of anything in the toilet.
g. No heavy cooking (food that will last more than your stay).
h. Do not place my towels, pillows, bedding, and seat cushions on the floor.
i. Do not use my towels to wipe counters, make-up, or anything that will stain them.
j. Do not put your feet on the couch; also bags, back packs, and lunch boxes on the couches and bar stools, or anything that may stain or stink them up.
k. Do not move the furniture or change the setup in the bedroom and in the house (unless it involves using the pull out beds).
l. Quiet time is between 10 pm and 6 am.
m. Please do not disrupt peace and quiet or create a hostile environment while in my home.
n. Do not access any storage areas that are not labeled with:
- your room(s) assigned to you
- "King's Landing & Guests" or
III. GENERAL RULES EXPANDED:
1. KITCHEN, FRIDGE and FOOD STORAGE
- You only have access to cabinets and shelves labeled with your room's name.
- No to very light cooking only.
- Only use cookware stored in compartments labeled "GUESTS."
- Only use small appliances stored on the counter labeled "KING'S LANDING."
- Use the three types of sponges accordingly (dish sponge, counter sponge, and stove/pots sponge).
2. DINNERWARE USAGE
- Only use those stored in cabinets and drawers labeled "KING'S LANDING AND GUESTS."
- Used dinnerware: please remove food soil and put in dishwasher; if washing, please use the appropriate sponge (see General Rule #1).
3. BATHROOM AMENITIES
- TOWELS: (If using towels provided) please do not put soiled towels on the floor. Do not use them to wipe the counters or anything that will stain them. See "Other Things To Note" section for other charges, fines, and/or fees.
4. ELECTRIC (and GAS) USAGE: We use our electric efficiently. When not in use, please unplug all appliances (except refrigerator) and all electric devices.
- LIGHTS/FIXTURES: Please turn off all lights when not in use; make sure to leave all devices and lights off when checking out.
- LAUNDRY is done at night (after 10 pm and before 5 am), as part of P G & E's energy saving tips. If the laundry sounds start to be bothersome, please inform me at once so it may be handled or rescheduled.
5. A/C and HEATER
- These are used in discretion and, on certain circumstances, are turned off before checking out.
6. HEATING* and COOLING SCHEDULE
- We try to follow P G & E's energy saving tips for summer and winter.
- Winter schedule: 65-67°F when at home (health permitting), 60-62°F at bedtime, and 56°F when away
- Summer schedule: 85-87°F when at home, health permitting; 90°F when away for work (more than a few hours)
- Please inform us of your waking and your sleeping schedules during your stay so accommodations may be made.
- WINDOWS and SHUTTERS: Close curtains, shades, and blinds at night and during unoccupied periods of the day to help prevent warm air from escaping during the winter.
- Keep all windows and entry doors locked at all times.
- Security cameras installed in common areas. They have been part of my house since move in.
Если вы отменяете бронирование за 7 дней до поездки или раньше, то мы вернем 50% суммы бронирования. Если вы отменяете бронирование меньше чем за 7 дней до поездки, то деньги не возращаются.
У этого хозяина 71 отзыва о другом жилье.Просмотреть другие отзывы
Hello, everyone! I'm new at Airbnb hosting--year 2016 it is! However, I am not totally new in the hosting business:
- I have had extensive training and experience in the airline hosting industry as a flight attendant to two major international airlines; and
- all-around training and exposure in the hospitality and management business in 4- and 5-star hotels and restaurants in San Francisco, California.
As a host:
...I am safety conscious, and I extend that especially to my household, my tenants, and to you, my Airbnb guests. For all parties' protection, I have security cameras aimed at common areas (entrances and hallways) in my home, as also stated in my listing's House Rules and House Manual.
...I like to be organized and methodical.
...I am very detailed, and my listing(s) has everything you need to know to enjoy your stay. I am not always present during your time in my home, so I do my best to have all questions preemptively answered by my "House Rules" and "House Manual." I am mostly available via text messaging; other times, via e-mail.
I hope to be able to host your stay on your next trip. I may not have the most expensive furnishing--I leave fine dining and luxurious vacation packages to hotels and restaurant industry--but you will be comfortable and will have the best accommodation for the price.
I can be very private and tend to be quiet, but I don't mind socializing and a good conversation. People say I am very clean, respectful, and considerate. You can expect the same of me as a guest.
Please contact me for a possible house hosting swap.
Thank you for taking the time to read my profile.
"Ideology separates us. Dreams and anguish bring us together."
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."