Spacious private room with in room air conditioner, brand new Queen bed. UCSD is 2mi (3.1km) & 2.6mi (4.1km) to Scripps Institute of Oceanography. Prime location for visiting students, PhDs, post-Docs. Shared bathroom. On site laundry, fitness room, pool & jacuzzi. Free wi-fi & cable TV! In the bedroom there is also a rolling clothes rack for you to hang up your clothes.
Fantastic apartment located in the center of San Diego! Private room with a brand new Queen Bed and air conditioning unit in the room.***Please note that I charge $15 for the second guest. ***. The apartment is small-600 sq ft, so it works best for guests who are busy during the day. It is ideal for visiting PhDs, Post-Docs and students from UCSD and other schools in the area. Also for guests coming for medical procedures at Shiley Eye Center, UCSD La Jolla, Scripps Memorial as they are located only .5 miles away. You are welcome to use all my things, including all kitchen items & all my linens. Awesome balcony with comfy chairs to sit in while soaking up the sunshine!
You are free to use the entire apartment, including all of my kitchen items, linens, TV, free WiFi, wireless printer)The apartment is not large (600 sq feet) but it's nicely furnished, has great amenities-parking, brand new on site laundry room, fitness center, hot tub, pool, huge outdoor gazebo with comfy sofas to relax on. The apartment has a cozy patio with chairs to soak up the view of the canyon or have a look at the stars at night. I have my own Wi-Fi network (which can stream HD movies), cable tv (HBO , Showtime).
Общение с гостями
I work from home. If I have free time, and you would like me to accompany you on your adventures here, or need some advice as to where to go, just ask! I completely respect your privacy. You set the boundaries between us.
Другие важные подробности
The apartment is small-600 sq ft. It works best for guests who have places to go during the day. Since it is located so close to UCSD, it works perfectly for busy students, visiting post-docs, professors, PhD candidates. If you are coming to San Diego for medical care at UCSD La Jolla, Shiley Eye Center, Scripps Memorial it is a fantastic location as all 3 are .5 miles away. It would not be ideal for those visiting San Diego for vacation if it was more than a day or two due to the size of the apartment.
Please be aware that I do charge $15 for an additional guest.
THERE IS A $75.00 LOST KEY FEE. IT IS TO BE PAID TO ME DIRECTLY. CASH ONLY. IT COVERS THE COST OF RE-KEYING THE DOOR.
My house rules are very simple:
1. Absolutely no drugs, not even 420.
2. Alcohol is fine. Take advantage of San Diego's great Craft Breweries!
3. You will have a key to the apartment-please don't lose it, if you do, there is a $75 lost key fine which is payable to me, in cash. I've had too many of my guests lose keys and it costs me $75 to have the doors re-keyed.
4. Please don't eat or drink, except water, in the room! You have the entire apartment and the patio to eat and drink .
5. Every time you leave the apartment, even if it is to go to the laundry room, please lock the door!
6. If you are coming with an additional guest, each additional person is $15 per night, including infants under the age of 2.
7. Be respectful
8. No Overnight Guests
9. Clean up after yourself
10. Smoking is fine. (Cigarettes)-but due to complex rules, which I personally find ridiculous & I'm not a smoker, you have to smoke off-site. All you have to do is stand on the sidewalk, which is maybe 50 feet from the apartment. If you aren't from California you will find that a majority of places, including bars and restaurants are smoke free in California. As for alcohol that's fine-San Diego is known for its craft beer. I'm not much of a drinker, but I'm a great designated driver.
11. This isn't a rule, just a reminder. When you use the bathroom or kitchen sinks, please make sure that the water is completely off before walking away. I've had guests who haven't, and the water has run for hours.
I am a 45yr old self employed writer who works from home. My personality is outgoing, friendly and a bit eclectic.
As a San Diego native, I can direct you to places off the beaten path. If you'd like company on your adventures I'll be happy to accompany you. If you want privacy, that is fine as well. You determine the amount of privacy that you are comfortable with.
I have lived and traveled throughout central Mexico, staying with families. I've also traveled throughout Western Europe-Germany (Berlin is one of my favorite cities in the world!), France, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, Denmark and Sweden.
While living in Mexico I was lucky enough to stay with some fantastic families.
I have now been a host for Airbnb for a little over a year. I have been lucky enough to meet some really incredible people, quite a few who I've stayed in touch with.
When you stay with me, my home becomes your home. I don't really have any rules per se. I just ask that there be absolutely no drugs, including 420 and please do not bring anyone back to the apartment with you. ***PLEASE NOTE IF YOU ARE PLANNING ON BRINGING ANOTHER GUEST MAKE SURE TO BOOK THE RESERVATION FOR TWO PEOPLE, AS I DO CHARGE $15 FOR THE SECOND PERSON.***
Since the apartment is so small, you need to have someplace to go during the day. The apartment is 2 miles (3.21 km) from UCSD. It is an excellent place for visiting PhDs, people interviewing for their residency position, interviewees for Medical School, too. I have also hosted patients from the World famous Shiley Eye Center.
If you want to see other areas of San Diego I would strongly suggest either renting a car or using Uber, due to the fact that San Diego's public transportation infrastructure is extremely poor. There are always Uber's around-I have never waited more than 5 minutes for one.
I have extremely fast WiFi which you are welcome to use. I also have cable tv with both HBO and Showtime. The complex has a pool, jacuzzi, small exercise room and a large laundry room that is open 24 hrs a day.
You are welcome to use all my things from linens to the kitchen, my home is yours! I hope to be able to host you in beautiful, warm, sunny San Diego!