Gilden Lodge, situated in beautiful Mount Shasta in Northern California, is a stunning 5,000 square foot hand crafted log cabin which can accommodate 10 people in incredible comfort, has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms and is available year round.
Located a mile from the town center of Mount Shasta on 2 acres, Gilden has breathtaking views of Mount Shasta and the surrounding mountains.
Please note the maximum occupancy is 10, and this applies at any time. We cannot accommodate weddings, etc.
Gilden Lodge, situated in beautiful Mount Shasta in Northern California, is a stunning 5,000 square foot hand crafted log cabin which can accommodate up to 10 people in incredible comfort, has 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and is available for vacation rentals year round.
Located about a mile from the town center of Mount Shasta on 2 acres, Gilden has breathtaking views of Mount Shasta, Mount Eddy, Black Butte, and Castle Crags. This is an incredibly peaceful and quiet place - the perfect place to relax and unwind, explore the great outdoors and the wilderness of the Shasta Cascade Mountains - swim in one of the many lakes - go canoeing, boating or kayaking - ski, snowboard, toboggan or snowmobile- and after a fun day, unwind in our amazing log sauna - then watch a movie on the big screen in our home theater room, or play a game of pool, or cozy up with a book in front of a big log fire.
For golfers there are 4 courses nearby - Mount Shasta Resort (18 holes - also has a day spa), Lake Shastina Golf Resort (18 holes), McCloud Golf Course (9 holes) and Weed Golf Course (9 holes). Fishermen are also spoiled for choice - the Upper Sacramento & McCloud Rivers offer world class fishing - then there are many mountain lakes, and the Pit, Trinity and Klamath Rivers are nearby (we have a fishing rod available in the lodge for anyone who wants to try their hand!).
The lodge is fully equipped and designed for your every comfort and is the perfect setting for honeymoons, family gatherings, or any special occasion. The lodge is decorated with an eclectic mix of antiques, custom-made furniture, original artwork & reclaimed lumber - check out our guest comments to see what our clients think!
- massive great room with vaulted ceiling, log fireplace (wood provided), dining area (seats 8-10) and doors leading to the wrap-around deck (2 outdoor dining tables - seats 12 - and 2 gas BBQs)
- fully equipped kitchen (dishwasher, microwave, stove, fridge, food processor, rice cooker, coffee maker, coffee grinder, bread maker, blender, etc) with dining table (seats 6) and log fireplace
- master bedroom (king size log bed) & day bed (twin), with balcony looking to the mountain, satellite TV & DVD player, iPod & iPhone charger / player
- master bathroom with soaking tub (you can see the mountain from the tub!) and separate shower stall
- spa suite bedroom (king bed), satellite TV & DVD player, iPod & iPhone charger / player
- spa bathroom complete with log sauna and 2 person soaking tub (for the romantics among you)
- guest bedroom (California king bed), TV & DVD player, iPod & iPhone charger / player
- guest bedroom (queen bed), iPod & iPhone charger / player
- 3rd bathroom
- 2 twin beds on the loft area overlooking the great room (a 3rd bed can be added to this area)
- mud room for storing skis and snowboards - also has extra fridge, sink & prep area
- pack'n'play crib/playpen (2), highchair, small chair & stool, stuffed toys, DVD's & games for children
- down comforters & towel warmers
- home theater room with 55" LCD flat screen TV, Direct TV HD Satellite DVR, Sony Home Theater system, Dolby Surround Sound, extensive collection of DVD's, wet bar with fridge
- satellite TV with DVR (HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax, ESPN), wide screen TV, DVD player, Sony Playstation 2 , iPod Player (great room)
- free WiFi/ DSL (bring your laptop) & free long distance phone calls (international calls at low cost)
- gas barbeques (2 Weber grills - 1 large and 1 small) and outdoor dining on the deck
- 9' pool table (slate bed)
- laundry room (washer & dryer, iron & full size ironing board)
- books and board games
- ample parking on the property
Общение с гостями
The owner lives next door and is always available to answer questions, offer help, or provide info on local sights and restaurants, etc
We look forward to welcoming you to Gilden Lodge. Here are a few things you need to know-
1. Check in is 3pm, though we usually have the lodge ready before then - around 2-2.30pm - if you arrive in town early, please feel free to call us and if we have finished prepping the cabin, you can come on up.
In any case, we will meet you at the cabin to give you the keys and show you round to familiarize you with the lodge.
Whatever time you arrive, please call us when you are near to town so we can be ready to greet you.
Check out is 10am.
2. Please note we provide the following-
Bed linens and towels
Toilet paper, paper towels
Dish soap, dishwasher powder
Laundry detergent & dryer sheets
Aluminum foil, plastic wrap, coffee filters
Soap, shampoo & conditioner
Wood for the fire
If you would like us to stock the cabin with any other items prior to your arrival, please let us know.
3. The kitchen is equipped with-
Stove with 5 cooking rings, oven and broiler
Coffee maker (filter), French press & stove-top percolator
Kitchen Aid food mixer
Coffee bean grinder
Ice cream maker
A large selection of pots, pans, cookware, kitchen implements
4. Kiddie stuff- we have the following available in the cabin-
Pack'n'play crib/playpen (2)
2 gates that can go across the top/ bottom of the stairwells
Board games, puzzles and stuffed toys
A childrens play area with a small table and chairs (indoors) & teepee (outdoors)
WIFI is available at the lodge. The password is on the notice board in the house.
6. Parking - we have off street parking for up to 10 cars. Please do not park on the street. If you expect there is going to be more than 10 cars at any time on the property, please let us know.
7. Directions - Mount Shasta is situated in Northern California on Interstate 5.
From I5 southbound, take the Mt Shasta Central Exit (738) and turn left going over the freeway and into town. From I5 northbound, take the Mt Shasta Central Exit (738) and turn right going into town. At this point you will be on Lake Street - at the second set of traffic lights turn right onto Mt Shasta Boulevard, go 1 block and turn left onto McCloud Avenue. Drive for approx. 3/4 mile and turn left onto Madison, then right onto Monroe Way.
Gilden Lodge is number 436 on Monroe Way.
We want you to have a comfortable and pleasant stay.
You can't beat the clean mountain air & water and being surrounded by nature. Check out my website - - see what my past guests have to say on the "guest comment" page.