We offer a large (15'x14') Queen bedroom & attached full bath. 2nd bedroom has twin beds (shares bath). One or both rooms are available (1-4 persons-- completely private-- only 1 reservation at a time). Note that this is a private wing of our home with it's own outside entrance. At this time, Airbnb doesn't have a clear category for this arrangement, so we are listed as "Entire home/Apartment." Our listing is an entire apartment, not an entire home.
Private outside entrance leads to both bedrooms and full bath. Vicky & Alan have included many of the amenities they enjoy when they travel, including:
Line-dried sheets on comfortable, supportive beds
Individually-controlled heated mattress pads
Individual reading lamps
CD system w/ Alarm Clock
Zone Thermostat Control
Dining table & chairs
Convenient electrical outlets
WiFi & Cable TV
Iron and ironing board
Mini-kitchen w/ fridge, microwave, toaster-oven, hotpot, coffee maker and kitchenware
On-demand hot water for loooong showers/baths
Magnified extension mirror
Filtered water dispenser (reverse osmosis)
Fire extinguisher & smoke alarms
We are pet friendly (ask about fee) and non-smoking.
You will have your own entrance and your privacy will always be respected. Just let us know how we can help you become more familiar with the university, hospital, botanical gardens, local shopping and restaurants.
Общение с гостями
We want your stay to be personalized and memorable. Are there any snacks/supplies you would like us to purchase for you before you arrive? What kind of morning pastries do you prefer? Because Alan loves his coffee, he can provide several different types of coffee & coffee-makers.
• This is a non-smoking house but guests are free to enjoy tobacco out of doors on the property.
• Please use luggage racks for suitcases
• If you need to use a bed surface for travel gear, please cover bedspreads with extra towels provided
• Please wash dishes, etc. before leaving
• Bed linens should be left on beds at end of your stay & towels should be left hanging in bathroom
• Please report any damage or any problem to us asap, so that we may make necessary repairs.
• No parties or events allowed
• Only registered guests may occupy the rooms
• We prefer guests leave their shoes in the hallway
• Pets must be up to date with vaccinations and flea/tick protection. Our pet fee is $35, added after the booking is complete. The booking will be cancelled if this payment isn't agreed to within 24 hours after booking.
Vicky was born and raised in North Carolina. For forty years she guided the development of Chapel Hill's first and largest recreational soccer program. Her love of flowers at home and at work at Whole Foods helps keeps her happy. Vicky's license plate reads, "GR@I2UDE." She is grateful for her life in Chapel Hill… and most everything.
Alan was born in Chicago and lived in Arizona, Hawaii and Norway. He was a Cruise Director and Director of Entertainment for major cruise lines after a successful singing career that included stage, TV, concerts and recording. After retiring to Chapel Hill, Alan began volunteering at UNC Hospitals singing for patients, with a special interest in bringing music to children. Most recently, Alan was asked to join the Guest Services Team at UNC Health Care, guitar and all.
Two of our favorite films are "Love Actually" and "The Intouchables."